05 February 1998 09:36 [Source: ICIS news]
SINGAPORE (CNI)--New Zealand agricultural and industrial chemical company Fernz Corp said Thursday it should complete by mid-March its acquisition of French public-listed company, Compagnie Francaise des Produits Industriels (CFPI).
Last year, Fernz and its Australian subsidiary, Nufarm, acquired 85% of CFPI, an agricultural chemicals producer, for an undisclosed sum. Fernz recently took steps to acquire the remaining 15%.
"We are awaiting approval of the French Stock Exchange," a Fernz spokesman told CNI Thursday.
Fernz has sold its fertiliser business in New Zealand to finance the French acquisition, in line with its strategy to expand internationally by acquiring quality manufacturing operations.
It recently bought Rhône-Poulenc Agro's North American phenoxy herbicide business, which includes two plants - in Calgary, Canada, and Missouri, USA.
In the past three years, Fernz also acquired the herbicide businesses of Rhône-Poulenc Agro in the UK, OMV in Austria, Akzo Nobel in the Netherlands and LaPorte's Australasian operations.
For the latest chemical news, data and analysis that directly impacts your business sign up for a free trial to ICIS news - the breaking online news service for the global chemical industry.
Get the facts and analysis behind the headlines from our market leading weekly magazine: sign up to a free trial to ICIS Chemical Business.
|ICIS news FREE TRIAL|
|Get access to breaking chemical news as it happens.|
|ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX)|
|ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX). Download the free tabular data and a chart of the historical index|