09 July 2007 23:07 [Source: ICIS news]
HOUSTON (ICIS news)--Shares in Qurain Petrochemicals of Kuwait jumped to 385 fils from 100 fils after they began trading on Kuwait Stock Exchange on Monday.
There are 1,000 fils for each Kuwaiti dinar.
Qurain, which invests in petrochemicals projects, sold 990m shares at 100 fils each, or 90% of its total stock, worth Kuwaiti dinars (KD) 99m ($341.4m) in 2004 to the public. Qurain’s parent firm, Petrochemical Industries Co (PIC), a subsidiary of state-owned Kuwait Petroleum Corp (KPC), holds the other 10% stake.
Companies in ?xml:namespace>
($1 = KD0.29)
For the latest chemical news, data and analysis that directly impacts your business sign up for a free trial to ICIS news - the breaking online news service for the global chemical industry.
Get the facts and analysis behind the headlines from our market leading weekly magazine: sign up to a free trial to ICIS Chemical Business.
|ICIS news FREE TRIAL|
|Get access to breaking chemical news as it happens.|
|ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX)|
|ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX). Download the free tabular data and a chart of the historical index|