15 May 2008 09:22 [Source: ICIS news]
SINGAPORE (ICIS news)--PetroChina may scrap its plan to construct an ethylene cracker in Chengdu, following the devastating earthquake that hit Sichuan province in southwest China earlier this week, a company official said on Thursday.
The company intends to drop plans to construct a new 800,000 tonne/year ethylene plant, costing CNY 20bn ($2.9bn), if studies conclude that the site is prone to natural disaster.
A similar plan to build a new 10m tonne/year oil refinery, costing CNY 50bn, in the same location is also under review, she added.
PetroChina signed a strategic framework agreement with the ?xml:namespace>
Meanwhile, PetroChina said that 56 of its workers had been injured in the
($1 = CNY7.00)
For the latest chemical news, data and analysis that directly impacts your business sign up for a free trial to ICIS news - the breaking online news service for the global chemical industry.
Get the facts and analysis behind the headlines from our market leading weekly magazine: sign up to a free trial to ICIS Chemical Business.
|ICIS news FREE TRIAL|
|Get access to breaking chemical news as it happens.|
|ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX)|
|ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX). Download the free tabular data and a chart of the historical index|
Asian Chemical Connections