05 February 2009 01:47 [Source: ICIS news]
SINGAPORE (ICIS news)--Japan Polypropylene (PP) will maintain a 70% production rate at all its facilities until the end of February due to weak demand, a company source said on Thursday.
“We have been running our plants at this rate since early December due to poor demand,” the source said.
As one of the largest PP producers in ?xml:namespace>
The start-up of its new 300,000 tonne/year PP plant had been postponed due to weak demand.
Mitsubishi Chemicals holds a 65% stake in Japan Polypropylene, while Chisso Petrochemical holds the remaining 35% stake.
For the latest chemical news, data and analysis that directly impacts your business sign up for a free trial to ICIS news - the breaking online news service for the global chemical industry.
Get the facts and analysis behind the headlines from our market leading weekly magazine: sign up to a free trial to ICIS Chemical Business.
|ICIS news FREE TRIAL|
|Get access to breaking chemical news as it happens.|
|ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX)|
|ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX). Download the free tabular data and a chart of the historical index|