07 May 2009 09:03 [Source: ICIS news]
SINGAPORE (ICIS news)--The joint-venture aromatics project of China National Offshore Oil Corp (CNOOC) and Kings Group at Huizhou in Guangdong province is set to start up on 6 June, a company source said on Thursday.
The unit in southern China would produce 105,000 tonnes/year of benzene and 800,000 tonnes/year of paraxylene (PX).
It was initially slated to start operations this month but the dates were pushed back due to unspecified reasons.
The delay may have been caused by difficulties in procuring feedstock isomer xylenes, according to market sources.
State-owned CNOOC owns 80% of the project, while Kings Group, a conglomerate based in Zhejiang province in eastern China, holds the remaining 20% stake.
For the latest chemical news, data and analysis that directly impacts your business sign up for a free trial to ICIS news - the breaking online news service for the global chemical industry.
Get the facts and analysis behind the headlines from our market leading weekly magazine: sign up to a free trial to ICIS Chemical Business.
|ICIS news FREE TRIAL|
|Get access to breaking chemical news as it happens.|
|ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX)|
|ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX). Download the free tabular data and a chart of the historical index|