18 June 2009 09:18 [Source: ICIS news]
SINGAPORE (ICIS news)--The joint-venture aromatics project between China National Offshore Oil Corp (CNOOC) and Kings Group in China has seen on-spec production this week after it started up early this month as originally scheduled, a company source said Thursday.
“We already sold paraxylene (PX) to some of our customers, and are talking to other potential ones,” said the source.
The complex at Huizhou in south ?xml:namespace>
Feedstocks from the refinery would be used in the aromatics complex.
“We took a record short time to achieve on-spec production; the whole process from feedstock deposit to on-spec production took around five weeks,” said the source, counting from the time the refinery started producing pyrolysis gas that is fed into aromatics the aromatics plant.
The usual process takes months to complete, he said.
The project is 80% owned by the state-affiliated CNOOC while the remaining 20% is held by Zhejiang-based conglomerate Kings Group.
To discuss issues facing the chemical industry go to ICIS connect
For the latest chemical news, data and analysis that directly impacts your business sign up for a free trial to ICIS news - the breaking online news service for the global chemical industry.
Get the facts and analysis behind the headlines from our market leading weekly magazine: sign up to a free trial to ICIS Chemical Business.
|ICIS news FREE TRIAL|
|Get access to breaking chemical news as it happens.|
|ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX)|
|ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX). Download the free tabular data and a chart of the historical index|
Asian Chemical Connections