Saudi Aramco, Conoco re-launch bidding for Yanbu refinery

30 June 2009 16:38  [Source: ICIS news]

TORONTO (ICIS news)--Saudi Aramco and ConocoPhillips have re-launched the bidding process for their planned 400,000 bbl/day export refinery project at Yanbu, Saudi Arabia, they said on Tuesday.

Invitation for bid notices for the early work and major packages had been issued to prequalified local and international contractors, with first contracts expected to be awarded in November, the companies said.

“Market improvements have provided a good opportunity to reactivate the bidding process for the Yanbu export refinery project,” said Khalid Al-Buainain, Saudi Aramco senior vice president for refining, marketing and international.

A start-up time was targeted for the third quarter of 2014, the companies said.

The refinery would, if realised, process Arabian heavy crude supplied by Saudi Aramco.

Earlier this month, Saudi Aramco and French energy major Total awarded contracts for a planned $9.6bn (€6.8bn), 400,000 bbl/day joint-venture refinery at Al-Jubail, Saudi Arabia.

($1 = €0.71)

For more on Saudi Aramco and other producers visit ICIS company intelligence
To discuss issues facing the chemical industry go to ICIS connect


By: Stefan Baumgarten
+1 713 525 2653



AddThis Social Bookmark Button

For the latest chemical news, data and analysis that directly impacts your business sign up for a free trial to ICIS news - the breaking online news service for the global chemical industry.

Get the facts and analysis behind the headlines from our market leading weekly magazine: sign up to a free trial to ICIS Chemical Business.

Printer Friendly