BASF India and three Ciba India firms to merge

14 September 2009 12:00  [Source: ICIS news]

NEW DELHI (ICIS news)--BASF India and three Ciba group companies will be merged with effect from 1 February 2010, BASF India and Ciba India announced on Monday.

The Board of Directors of BASF India and Ciba India approved the merger proposal at their respective meetings on Saturday. The amalgamation was subject to requisite approvals, the companies said in their separate disclosures to the Mumbai Stock Exchange.

The merger of Ciba India, its wholly owned subsidiary Diamond Dye-Chem and Ciba Research (India) Private Ltd with BASF India would help BASF to consolidate its Indian operations, according to industry sources.

The merger follows the amalgamation of Switzerland’s Ciba Holdings with Germany’s BASF Specialty Chemicals Holdings in June.

After the merger of the parent companies, Germany’s BASF acquired a 71.4% stake in Ciba India. The remaining 28.6% is held by different investors.

BASF group’s other companies in India include BASF Coatings, BASF Styrenics, BASF Construction Chemicals (India), BASF Catalyst India and BASF Asia Pacific (India).

For more on BASF visit ICIS company intelligence
To discuss issues facing the chemical industry go to ICIS connect


By: Naresh Minocha
+65 6780 4359



AddThis Social Bookmark Button

For the latest chemical news, data and analysis that directly impacts your business sign up for a free trial to ICIS news - the breaking online news service for the global chemical industry.

Get the facts and analysis behind the headlines from our market leading weekly magazine: sign up to a free trial to ICIS Chemical Business.

Printer Friendly

ICIS news FREE TRIAL
Get access to breaking chemical news as it happens.
ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX)
ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX). Download the free tabular data and a chart of the historical index