Saudi's Advanced Petchem to shut Al Jubail PP, PDH units 11 Mar

24 February 2010 09:22  [Source: ICIS news]

Al-Jubail SINGAPORE (ICIS news)--Saudi Arabia’s Advanced Petrochemical Co plans to shut its 450,000 tonne/year polypropylene (PP) plant in Al-Jubail on 11 March for maintenance, a company source said on Wednesday.

"The plant will remain shut for about three weeks," the source said.

"During the turnaround, there would also be a catalyst change at the PP plant," the source added.

The company’s 450,000 tonne/year propane de-hydrogenation (PDH) unit in Al Jubail would also be shut for the duration of the turnaround at the PP plant, the source added. The PP plant sources its feedstock propylene from this PDH unit.

Supply of PP in the region, which was already tight due to plant outages, would be further restricted in March due to the turnaround, traders said.

Advanced Petrochemical, formerly known as Advanced Polypropylene Co (APPC), is 47%-owned by state-run Saudi Industrial Development Fund, while the remaining 53% is being held by other Saudi Arabian and foreign investors.

For more on PP visit ICIS chemical intelligence
Please visit the complete ICIS plants and projects database
To discuss issues facing the chemical industry go to ICIS connect

ICIS Free Trials Sign Up


By: Prema Viswanathan
+65 6780 4359



AddThis Social Bookmark Button

For the latest chemical news, data and analysis that directly impacts your business sign up for a free trial to ICIS news - the breaking online news service for the global chemical industry.

Get the facts and analysis behind the headlines from our market leading weekly magazine: sign up to a free trial to ICIS Chemical Business.

Printer Friendly