08 February 2011 18:34 [Source: ICIS news]
TORONTO (ICIS)--A consortium led by Thai polyester major Indorama Ventures has agreed to take over ?xml:namespace>
Indorama Ventures said it would, through a joint venture with Italian polyester firm Sinterama, acquire 75% of Trevira, with Sinterama acquiring the remaining 25%. Financial details were not disclosed.
Trevira said it would now become part of a global network that Indorama and Sinterama were establishing under their new joint venture. However, Bavaria-based Trevira would continue to operate as an independent company, it added.
Werner Schneider, Trevira's supervisory head, said the alliance with Indorama as the world’s largest manufacturer of polyester offered Trevira a sustained and secure perspective.
Indorama CEO Aloke Lohia said Trevira was one of
According to a separate report on Indorama’s website, Trevira has two plants in
Trevira was part of
In related industry news, an administrator for insolvent German polyamide yarn firm TFG Thuringer Filamente said this week that the firm had been sold to an investor.
To discuss issues facing the chemical industry go to ICIS connect
For the latest chemical news, data and analysis that directly impacts your business sign up for a free trial to ICIS news - the breaking online news service for the global chemical industry.
Get the facts and analysis behind the headlines from our market leading weekly magazine: sign up to a free trial to ICIS Chemical Business.
|ICIS news FREE TRIAL|
|Get access to breaking chemical news as it happens.|
|ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX)|
|ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX). Download the free tabular data and a chart of the historical index|