28 March 2011 09:18 [Source: ICIS news]
SINGAPORE (ICIS)--Shell is expected to restart operations at its 800,000 tonne/year mixed-feed cracker and 750,000 tonne/year MEG plant in Pulau Bukom, Singapore, by 29 March following a 10-day outage caused by operational issues, market sources said on Monday.
The cracker was shut on 18 March due to a compressor issue and had been expected to remain shut for 10 days, traders said.
The cracker had recently completed a turnaround and was restarted over the weekend of 12-13 March.
The cracker complex produces 800,000 tonnes/year of C2, 450,000 tonnes/year of C3 and 230,000 tonnes/year of benzene, according to Shell’s website.
Shell’s 750,000 tonne/year MEG plant on neighbouring ?xml:namespace>
“For the duration of the Force Majeure we have declared, our supply chain teams are working hard to resume normal operations and supply as soon as possible,” a company spokesperson said.
When asked to confirm if the cracker will resume operations on 29 March, the spokesperson said: “We do not comment on operational matters.”
Please visit the complete ICIS plants and projects database
For the latest chemical news, data and analysis that directly impacts your business sign up for a free trial to ICIS news - the breaking online news service for the global chemical industry.
Get the facts and analysis behind the headlines from our market leading weekly magazine: sign up to a free trial to ICIS Chemical Business.
|ICIS news FREE TRIAL|
|Get access to breaking chemical news as it happens.|
|ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX)|
|ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX). Download the free tabular data and a chart of the historical index|