07 November 2011 10:33 [Source: ICIS news]
SINGAPORE (ICIS)--Israeli fertilizer producer Makhteshim Agan reported a third-quarter net profit of $10.1m (€7.3m) on Monday – a sharp reversal of the $56.2m net loss in the same period last year, in the absence of extraordinary charges.
Sales for the three months to September 2011 rose by 20% year on year to $638.5m, with earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) rising more than threefold to $83.3m, from $23.5m in the same period in 2010, the company said in a statement.
The company’s operating profit for September stood at $50.1m, against an operating loss of $4.6m in the same period last year.
In the first nine months of 2011, Makhteshim Agan’s net income stood at $147.2m – more than five times the $27m recorded in the same period last year.
EBITDA rose by 53% year on year to $346m, with sales rising by 15% to $2.1bn, the company added.
Makhteshim Agan is now 60% owned by China National Agrochemical Corp, a full subsidiary of China National Chemical Corp (ChemChina). The remaining 40% is held by Koor Industries, a part of Israeli holding firm IDB Group.
($1 = €0.73)
For the latest chemical news, data and analysis that directly impacts your business sign up for a free trial to ICIS news - the breaking online news service for the global chemical industry.
Get the facts and analysis behind the headlines from our market leading weekly magazine: sign up to a free trial to ICIS Chemical Business.
|ICIS news FREE TRIAL|
|Get access to breaking chemical news as it happens.|
|ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX)|
|ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX). Download the free tabular data and a chart of the historical index|
Asian Chemical Connections