13 December 2011 07:02 [Source: ICIS news]
DUBAI (ICIS)--Saudi Arabia’s Advanced Petrochemical Company (APC) will produce only homopolymer grades at its two polypropylene (PP) units at Al-Jubail in 2012, an industry source close to the company said on Tuesday at the sidelines of the 6th GPCA (Gulf Petrochemicals & Chemicals Association) Forum.
The PP units each have a 225,000 tonne/year capacity.
APC officials could not be reached immediately for comment.
“The grades will include yarn, injection and BOPP film,” the source said.
No copolymer production will be available, he added.
APC is 47%-owned by Saudi Industrial Development Fund, while the remaining 53% is held by private investors.
The 6th GPCA Forum is being held in Dubai on 13-15 December, with the theme “Moving Downstream – Creating Value and Sustainable Growth”.
For more on polypropylene, visit ICIS chemical intelligence
For the latest chemical news, data and analysis that directly impacts your business sign up for a free trial to ICIS news - the breaking online news service for the global chemical industry.
Get the facts and analysis behind the headlines from our market leading weekly magazine: sign up to a free trial to ICIS Chemical Business.
|ICIS news FREE TRIAL|
|Get access to breaking chemical news as it happens.|
|ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX)|
|ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX). Download the free tabular data and a chart of the historical index|