CNOOC sued for June 2011 oil spills in Bohai Bay

11 January 2012 03:51  [Source: ICIS news]

GUANGZHOU (ICIS)--China National Offshore Oil Corp (CNOOC) has received a notice from Tianjin Maritime Court on 10 January calling for a response to the oil spills in Bohai Bay, the company said late on Tuesday.

“Twenty-nine marine product culturists from Laoting county, Tangshan city, Hebei province have initiated legal proceedings against ConocoPhillips China Inc and CNOOC, and believed that their cultivation losses were caused by the Penglai 19-3 oil spill incident,” CNOOC said in a statement.

The oil spills took place in June last year.

The claims include yuan (CNY) 235m ($37m) compensation for cultivation losses and CNY7m in valuation fees, in addition to relevant litigation costs, CNOOC said.

ConocoPhillips China is the operator of the field and holds a 49% interest, while CNOOC holds the remaining 51% interest in the field.

($1 = CNY6.31)

Please visit the complete ICIS plants and projects database


By: Fanny Zhang
+65 6780 4359



AddThis Social Bookmark Button

For the latest chemical news, data and analysis that directly impacts your business sign up for a free trial to ICIS news - the breaking online news service for the global chemical industry.

Get the facts and analysis behind the headlines from our market leading weekly magazine: sign up to a free trial to ICIS Chemical Business.

Printer Friendly

ICIS news FREE TRIAL
Get access to breaking chemical news as it happens.
ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX)
ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX). Download the free tabular data and a chart of the historical index