30 January 2012 09:19 [Source: ICIS news]
SINGAPORE (ICIS)--Saudi Polyolefins Co (SPC) has ramped up the operating rate at its 720,000 tonne/year polypropylene (PP) plant in Al-Jubail to 100% capacity after restarting it on 28 January, a company source said on Monday.
The plant, which has two lines, was shut because of a power outage at the Al-Jubail industrial park on 19 January.
The plant was restarted on 20 January, but one of its two lines was shut again for six days shortly after and restarted on 28 January, he said.
“We are trying to meet as many customers’ requirements as possible. All our key accounts will not be affected by the outage,” said the source.
SPC is a joint venture between National Industrialisation Co (TASNEE), which owns a 75% stake, and LyondellBasell, which owns the remaining 25%.
Earlier, SABIC said it had achieved normal operating rates at the company's Al-Jubail PP facilities, which were hit by the same power outage.
For the latest chemical news, data and analysis that directly impacts your business sign up for a free trial to ICIS news - the breaking online news service for the global chemical industry.
Get the facts and analysis behind the headlines from our market leading weekly magazine: sign up to a free trial to ICIS Chemical Business.
|ICIS news FREE TRIAL|
|Get access to breaking chemical news as it happens.|
|ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX)|
|ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX). Download the free tabular data and a chart of the historical index|