Mexichem secures financing for €531m takeover of Dutch PVC firm Wavin

15 February 2012 17:51  [Source: ICIS news]

HOUSTON (ICIS)--Mexichem has put in place the necessary financing for its €531m ($699m) deal to acquire Dutch polyvinyl chloride (PVC) pipe maker Wavin, the Mexican chemical and petrochemical company said on Wednesday.

Mexichem, which already holds 2% of Wavin’s shares, said it would finance the takeover of the remaining 98% of  Wavin shares – valued at around €520m – with cash on its balance sheet and existing committed credit facilities.

“Mexichem has taken all necessary measures to secure the funding of the offer [for Wavin],” it said in a statement.

Wavin agreed to the takeover last week after Mexichem raised its all-cash bid to €10.50/share.

Since last November, when the bid was first disclosed, Wavin had rejected Mexichem’s previous bids of €10.00/share, €9.00/share and €8.50/share.

Mexichem’s deal for Wavin came after its recent acquisitions of INEOS Fluor, Polycid and Plasticos Rex, and of plastics compound producer Alphagary.

Wavin, based in Zwolle near Amsterdam, is a supplier of plastic pipe systems. It has 18 manufacturing sites in Europe and one in China. The company employs a staff of 6,400 and had revenues of more than €1.2bn in 2010.

($1 = €0.76)

For more on Mexichem visit ICIS company intelligence

 


By: Stefan Baumgarten
+1 713 525 2653



AddThis Social Bookmark Button

For the latest chemical news, data and analysis that directly impacts your business sign up for a free trial to ICIS news - the breaking online news service for the global chemical industry.

Get the facts and analysis behind the headlines from our market leading weekly magazine: sign up to a free trial to ICIS Chemical Business.

Printer Friendly

ICIS news FREE TRIAL
Get access to breaking chemical news as it happens.
ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX)
ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX). Download the free tabular data and a chart of the historical index

Related Articles