Saudi Arabia's APC to shut PP units in May for 30 days

23 March 2012 03:30  [Source: ICIS news]

SINGAPORE (ICIS)--Saudi Arabia’s Advanced Petrochemical Company (APC) is on track to shut both its polypropylene (PP) units at Al-Jubail in May for a 30-day long turnaround, a source close to the company said on Friday.

The PP plants, which only produce homo PP grades, such as yarn (raffia), injection and BOPP film, have a nameplate capacity of 225,000 tonnes/year each, he said.

The company previously planned for a three-week long turnaround in April or May. No reason was specified for the change in plans.

APC officials could not be immediately reached for comment.

APC is 47%-owned by Saudi Industrial Development Fund, while the remaining 53% stake is held by private investors.

By: Ong Sheau Ling
+65 6780 4359

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

For the latest chemical news, data and analysis that directly impacts your business sign up for a free trial to ICIS news - the breaking online news service for the global chemical industry.

Get the facts and analysis behind the headlines from our market leading weekly magazine: sign up to a free trial to ICIS Chemical Business.

Printer Friendly