04 May 2012 12:06 [Source: ICIS news]
SINGAPORE (ICIS)--China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC) and ConocoPhillips China (COPC) have yet to set a timetable on when production can resume at its Peng Lai 19-3 oilfield in ?xml:namespace>
Operations at the oilfield have been suspended since 13 July 2011 following an oil spill in June of the same year.
“We’re still waiting [for] approvals from Chinese authorities on our revised overall development plan and environment impact assessment,” said COPC spokesperson Xue Dongming told ICIS.
“Those approvals are preconditions of resuming production,” Xue said.
On 27 April this year, CNOOC and COPC had announced that they reached an agreement with
COPC, which is the operator of the oilfield, holds a 49% stake in Peng Lai 19-3, while CNOOC holds the remaining 51% stake.
For the latest chemical news, data and analysis that directly impacts your business sign up for a free trial to ICIS news - the breaking online news service for the global chemical industry.
Get the facts and analysis behind the headlines from our market leading weekly magazine: sign up to a free trial to ICIS Chemical Business.
|ICIS news FREE TRIAL|
|Get access to breaking chemical news as it happens.|
|ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX)|
|ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX). Download the free tabular data and a chart of the historical index|