01 October 2012 10:08 [Source: ICIS news]
(adds details throughout, recasts second paragraph for clarity)
The petrochemical complex can produce 1.16m tonnes/year of ethylene; 1.1m tonnes/year of polyethylene; 430,000 tonnes/year of propylene; 400,000 tonnes of polypropylene (PP); 200,000 tonnes/year of polystyrene (PS), and; 100,000 tonnes/year of 1-Hexene.
Saudi’s Petrochem holds a 65% stake in Saudi Polymers, while the remaining 35% is owned by Arabian Chevron Phillips Petrochemical Co Ltd – a wholly owned subsidiary of US-based Chevron Phillips Chemical (CPC).
"We will now be working to fill the critical inventory targets needed to ensure our long-term reliability as a supplier of quality products," said Mike Zeglin, executive president of Saudi Polymers Company, in a separate statement issued by CPC.
Saudi Polymers will cater to both domestic and international markets.
Exports of products will be handled by its exclusive distributor, Gulf Polymers Distribution Co, utilizing CPC’s global marketing network, the
The petrochemical complex, which sits on a 1.1m square metre land in Al Jubail Industrial city, started construction in January 2008, and has created about 950 jobs, CPC said.
For the latest chemical news, data and analysis that directly impacts your business sign up for a free trial to ICIS news - the breaking online news service for the global chemical industry.
Get the facts and analysis behind the headlines from our market leading weekly magazine: sign up to a free trial to ICIS Chemical Business.
|ICIS news FREE TRIAL|
|Get access to breaking chemical news as it happens.|
|ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX)|
|ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX). Download the free tabular data and a chart of the historical index|
Asian Chemical Connections