China's Donghua Energy runs methanol unit at 25% capacity

23 October 2012 08:50  [Source: ICIS news]

SINGAPORE (ICIS)--China’s Inner Mongolia Donghua Energy is running its 600,000 tonne/year methanol unit at Ordos city in Inner Mongolia province at 25% capacity, a company source said on Tuesday.

The Chinese producer is currently debugging the unit to ramp up its operating rate to 100% capacity after achieving on-spec production on 17 October, the source said.

The producer was conducting trial runs since September at the methanol unit, which uses coal as its feedstock, the source added.

Donghua Energy is a joint venture by Yidong Coal Group and Ximeng Technology Industry and Trade Group. Yidong Group holds a 55% stake and Ximeng Group holds the remaining 45%.


By: Mindy Liu



AddThis Social Bookmark Button

For the latest chemical news, data and analysis that directly impacts your business sign up for a free trial to ICIS news - the breaking online news service for the global chemical industry.

Get the facts and analysis behind the headlines from our market leading weekly magazine: sign up to a free trial to ICIS Chemical Business.

Printer Friendly