14 November 2012 07:50 [Source: ICIS news]
SINGAPORE (ICIS)--Dutch tank storage service provider Vopak and SABIC will jointly build a new terminal at ?xml:namespace>
Once completed in early 2015, the first phase of the new terminal will have an initial storage capacity of about 250,000 cbm, the company said in a statement.
“This capacity can be expanded in the future,” it said.
The first phase will consist of around 40 commodity and specialty chemical storage tanks as well as truck-handling and ship-loading facilities for five berths, Vopak said.
Vopak and SABIC has established a new joint venture, Jubail Chemical Storage and Services Co (JCSSC), to support the project.
Sabic holds 75% of JCSSC while Vopak owns the remaining 25% of the venture.
Investment details of the project were not disclosed.
For the latest chemical news, data and analysis that directly impacts your business sign up for a free trial to ICIS news - the breaking online news service for the global chemical industry.
Get the facts and analysis behind the headlines from our market leading weekly magazine: sign up to a free trial to ICIS Chemical Business.
|ICIS news FREE TRIAL|
|Get access to breaking chemical news as it happens.|
|ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX)|
|ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX). Download the free tabular data and a chart of the historical index|
Asian Chemical Connections