Saudi’s Ma’aden Phosphate restarts DAP plant after maintenance

18 February 2013 05:48  [Source: ICIS news]

SINGAPORE (ICIS)--Maaden Phosphate Co (MPC) has started to gradually resume operations at its diammonium phosphate (DAP) plant at Ras Al Khair city on 16 February, after completing maintenance at the unit, its parent firm Saudi Arabian Mining Co (Ma’aden) said over the weekend.

The shutdown did not affect the MPC’s ability to meet its obligations to its customers, its parent firm said in a filing to the Saudi Stock Exchange or Tawadul.

The 3m tonne/year  DAP plant had a turnaround that lasted about three weeks.

MPC is a 70%-owned by Ma’aden, with Saudi petrochemical giant SABIC holding the remaining 30%.

By: Pearl Bantillo
+65 6780 4359

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

For the latest chemical news, data and analysis that directly impacts your business sign up for a free trial to ICIS news - the breaking online news service for the global chemical industry.

Get the facts and analysis behind the headlines from our market leading weekly magazine: sign up to a free trial to ICIS Chemical Business.

Printer Friendly

Get access to breaking chemical news as it happens.
ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX)
ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX). Download the free tabular data and a chart of the historical index