Sinopec Jingmen to restart Group I base oils unit in late Feb

18 February 2013 06:30  [Source: ICIS news]

SINGAPORE (ICIS)--China’s Sinopec Jingmen plans to restart its 200,000 tonne/year Group I base oils plant at Jingmen in Hubei province in late February, a company source said on Monday.

The company shut the plant in December 2012 for maintenance and has halted Group I base oils supply during the shutdown, the source added.

Group I grades from the plant are expected to be offered yuan (CNY) 300/tonne ($48/tonne) higher at CNY8,800/tonne for SN150 base oils and CNY9,100/tonne for SN500 after supply resumes, the source said.

The price hike is supported by bullish expectations on rising demand during the peak consumption season in March-May, the source explained.

Sinopec Jingmen is the sole supplier of Group I base oils in central China. A company source previously gave the plant’s capacity as 250,000 tonnes/year.

($1 = CNY6.23)


By: Whitney Shi
+65 6780 4359



AddThis Social Bookmark Button

For the latest chemical news, data and analysis that directly impacts your business sign up for a free trial to ICIS news - the breaking online news service for the global chemical industry.

Get the facts and analysis behind the headlines from our market leading weekly magazine: sign up to a free trial to ICIS Chemical Business.

Printer Friendly