China’s Sinopec Baling to shut its capro line for maintenance

18 March 2013 09:43  [Source: ICIS news]

SINGAPORE (ICIS)--China’s Sinopec Baling plans to shut down its 130,000 tonne/year caprolactam (capro) line on 19 March for maintenance, a company source said on Monday.

The source could not confirm how long the maintenance will last.

Some market players do not consider it a routine maintenance as the plan was announced suddenly on Monday.

Market prices of capro have decreased to yuan CNY 19000-19300/tonne since early March due to weak downstream demand, market sources said.

Sinopec Baling has three capro lines with total capacity of 300,000 tonnes/year, and its daily output has been raised to over 800 tonnes previously, one market player said.

The other two lines have a capacity of 70,000 and 100,000 tonne respectively.

Sales pressure is larger than it used to be, especially in the bearish market, the market player added.


By: Angeline Zhang



AddThis Social Bookmark Button

For the latest chemical news, data and analysis that directly impacts your business sign up for a free trial to ICIS news - the breaking online news service for the global chemical industry.

Get the facts and analysis behind the headlines from our market leading weekly magazine: sign up to a free trial to ICIS Chemical Business.

Printer Friendly