20 May 2013 22:14 [Source: ICIS news]
SAO PAOLO (ICIS)--Brazil’s apparent consumption of transformed plastic products grew by 8% to Brazilian reais (R) 15bn ($7.4bn, €5.7bn) in the first quarter of 2013 compared with the same period of 2012, Abiplast, the Brazilian association of the plastic industry, said on a communiqué at the sidelines of the Feiplastic 2013 exhibition.
Apparent consumption is defined as the sum of domestic production plus imports, minus exports.
The national production of plastic products represented 85% of the total consumed internally, with the remaining 15% furnished by imports.
Of the total production of plastic products produced in Brazil, 6% of that volume was exported, Abiplast said.
Feiplastic 2013 continues through Friday.
($1= €0.78, $1 = R2.04)
For the latest chemical news, data and analysis that directly impacts your business sign up for a free trial to ICIS news - the breaking online news service for the global chemical industry.
Get the facts and analysis behind the headlines from our market leading weekly magazine: sign up to a free trial to ICIS Chemical Business.
|ICIS news FREE TRIAL|
|Get access to breaking chemical news as it happens.|
|ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX)|
|ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX). Download the free tabular data and a chart of the historical index|
Asian Chemical Connections