04 July 2013 06:26 [Source: ICIS news]
SINGAPORE (ICIS)--PetroChina is targeting to start up its refinery, cracker and aromatics complex at Pengzhou in Sichuan province in August-September, after a three-year delay, a company source said on Thursday.
“We have largely completed construction work at the whole complex at the moment,” the source said.
In May 2008, project construction was halted as a safety precaution immediately following the Sichuan earthquake.
PetroChina intends to bring the refinery on stream in August, while the naphtha cracker, aromatics and downstream units are expected to go into operations in September, the source said.
The Sichuan petrochemical complex can produce up to 800,000 tonne/year ethylene, 350,000 tonne/year benzene, 650,000 tonne/year paraxylene (PX) and 360,000 tonne/year monoethylene glycol (MEG).
PetroChina has a 51% stake in the project, while Chengdu Petrochemical, the investment vehicle of the local government, holds the remaining 49%.
Chengdu is the capital of Sichuan province.
For the latest chemical news, data and analysis that directly impacts your business sign up for a free trial to ICIS news - the breaking online news service for the global chemical industry.
Get the facts and analysis behind the headlines from our market leading weekly magazine: sign up to a free trial to ICIS Chemical Business.
|ICIS news FREE TRIAL|
|Get access to breaking chemical news as it happens.|
|ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX)|
|ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX). Download the free tabular data and a chart of the historical index|
Asian Chemical Connections