19 November 2013 16:36 [Source: ICIS news]
HOUSTON (ICIS)--Enterprise Products Partners has started up its eighth natural gas liquids (NGL) fractionator at its Mont Belvieu complex in Texas, the company said on Tuesday.
The new unit has a capacity to fractionate 85,000 bbl/day of NGLs, brining Enterprise’s total fractionation capacity at the Mont Belvieu complex to 655,000 bbl/day, the company said.
“The partnership’s eighth fractionator will accommodate increasing NGL production from domestic shale plays, including the Eagle Ford in South Texas, and other basins in the Rocky Mountain and Mid-continent regions,” Enterprise said. “Rising NGL production from the shale plays continues to provide a low-cost feedstock advantage for the global petrochemical industry, which currently favours natural gas-derived feedstocks over more expensive crude oil-based derivatives.”
Fractionators seven and eight were constructed as part of a joint venture with Western Gas Partners, an affiliate of Anadarko Petroleum.
Enterprise operates the two new units and owns a 75% equity interest in the joint venture, with Western Gas Partners owning the remaining 25% interest.
For the latest chemical news, data and analysis that directly impacts your business sign up for a free trial to ICIS news - the breaking online news service for the global chemical industry.
Get the facts and analysis behind the headlines from our market leading weekly magazine: sign up to a free trial to ICIS Chemical Business.
|ICIS news FREE TRIAL|
|Get access to breaking chemical news as it happens.|
|ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX)|
|ICIS Global Petrochemical Index (IPEX). Download the free tabular data and a chart of the historical index|
Asian Chemical Connections