Edited from: “A new global leader” LyondellBasell, “strategic fit presentation”
LyondellBasell key strategy includes:
(1) Long-term, strategic investor focused on building world scale, world class businesses;
(2) Investment in business models which generate significant free cash flow;
(3) Successful Middle East and Asian joint venture strategy;
(4) Partner with strong, proven management teams;
(5) Provide strategic direction and capital for long-term growth; and
(6) A stable private capital base that provides strategic advantages versus more constrained pools of
capital, like private equity funds or public markets.
It will also focus on the following themes:
(1) Value chain integration;
(2) Participate in petrochemicals from refining through to specialised end uses;
(3) Extract value from optimisation across fuels, chemicals and polymers; and
(4) Upgrade cost-advantaged feedstocks using superior refinery and cracker flexibility.
(1) Drive personal and process safety;
(2) Achieve continuous cost and reliability improvement;
(3) Optimise manufacturing footprint; and
(4) Realise operational synergies.
Customer and market focus
(1) Add value by using optimal channels to market and providing customised service levels; and
(2) Strengthen the differentiated business.
(1) Continue technology licensing leadership and increase share of specialities;
(2) Be the partner of choice for new projects in attractive markets and geographies; and
(3) Continue to invest in R&D to develop innovative technologies and enhance product portfolio.
Please also see INSIGHT: LyondellBasell PP closure reflects market realities on ICIS news.
Download the The ICIS Top 100 Chemical Companies listing here
Financial highlights: LyondellBasell, year ended 31 December
Results for 2010 represent the combined predecessor (1 Jan 2010 – 30 April 2010) and successor (1 May 2010 – 31 Dec. 2010) periods. The predecessor and successor periods are not necessarily comparable.
Back to company overview page
LyondellBasell claims to be one of the world’s largest polymers, petrochemicals and fuels companies and a global leader in polyolefins technology, production and marketing; a pioneer in propylene oxide (PO) and derivatives; and a significant producer of fuels and refined products, including biofuels. On 20 December 2007, Lyondell and Basell completed its $19.4bn (Euro13.6bn) merger, forming LyondellBasell Industries.
More about LyondellBasell Industries Structure
Get news on LyondellBasell Industries plus the latest chemical news, information, data, market movements and analysis
in one place with ICIS news
Find details on other chemical companies and suppliers with
ICIS offers a range of FREE e-newsletters to ensure that you don't miss out on the latest development and key market intelligence in your industry. If you want the latest news sent to your inbox, sign up for ICIS e-newsletters today.
Find out more about current and planned chemical plants and projects by subscribing to our comprehensive database
INSIGHT: Markets brace for Scottish referendum
"A yes/no vote on independence was a gamble that has come closer than Westminster ever expected to backfiring."
VIDEO: ICIS special report on the fertilizers markets