Another month passed and more green chemicals have been launched. After attending this week’s World Congress on Industrial Biotech and Bioprocessing conference in Chicago, I’m pretty sure there will be much, much more new ones to come.
For now, here’s several new environment-friendly or renewable or sustainable or energy-saving or biodegradable…etc. chemicals that caught my roving green eye:
1. ICI Green paint – ICI Paints and the Home Depot launched their VOC-free Freshaire Choice™ Paint. The residential, tinted paint product is said to be the first GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified® certified in the industry.
2. Rhodia Eco-solvent - Rhodia will manufacture its new eco-friendly solvent Rhodiasolv® IRIS in a new facility in Santo Andre, Brazil. The non-toxic, readily biodegradable, nonflammable and low VOC dibasic ester solvent is used in industrial cleaning, foundry resins, paints and coatings formulations.
3. China Sun Group Eco-filter – Cobalt series producer China Sun Group High-Tech Co. developed an eco-friendly white steel filter that improves air quality in the company’s facilities by 30% as well as improve production by 35% through cobalt oxide recycling.
4. BioSource Solutions BioSorb 2008™ – BioSource says its proprietary complex polymer & enzyme system BioSorb 2008™ makes it easier to handle, and in case of spills of liquid hydrocarbons such as gas, fuel and oil, to clean them up by turning them into solid, rubber-like floating mat.
5. DuPont surface materials – DuPont’s newest collection of surfaces – the Zodiaq® Terra Collection is said to contain at least 50 percent pre-consumer recycled glass. Zodiaq® and the sealants and adhesives from DuPont Surfaces are also GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified®