1. Kohl’s will convert more than 50 of its existing New Jersey, Connecticut and Maryland locations to solar power making the company the largest solar system user among retailers in the world.
2. PPL Renewable Energy will construct and operate a 1.7 megawatt solar system for Schering-Plough in New Jersey, which the company said will be the largest rooftop solar installation in the US.
3. SunPower has produced a full-scale, five inch prototype solar cell with an efficiency of 23.4 percent, said to be a world-record for a large area solar cell.
4. HelioVolt has produced thin film solar cells with 12.2 percent conversion efficiencies in a record setting six minutes making HelioVolt’s Copper Indium Gallium Selenide (CIGS) devices among the highest performing solar thin film products on the market today.
5. Applied Materials has signed a multiyear agreement to provide T-Solar Global S.A. of Spain its Applied SunFab Thin Film Line. Using 5.7m2 glass panels, the SunFab Line can reduce the cost of utility-scale photovoltaic installations by more than 20%.