JetBlue is changing its color to green through its new environmental initiatives. Here are some of them:
- Hook up with Carbonfund.org to offer their customers the opportunity to offset their own carbon emissions..via donations.
- Partnered with Airbus, Honeywell and International Aero Engines for possible future use of biomass-based fuel.
- Recycling spent jet fuel and oil, and waste cooking oil (from their concession providers) for use in another application.
- Reduce paper consumption (such as not offering inflight magazines and paper tickets).
- Eliminate disposable headsets. Meaning BYOH (Bring your own headsets)!
- And other energy-reducing and greenhouse gas reducing solutions…