The American Chemistry Council (ACC) is sharing some holiday tips when it comes to recycling. ACC says Americans will generate this holiday season an extra 5 million tons of garbage.
“During the excitement of the holidays, it’s easy to forget about the extra waste we generate, but recycling plastics can be refreshingly easy,” says Jennifer Killinger with the ACC. “Turning reuse and recycling tips into household habits will help reduce trash, and help protect our environment, year-round.”
Here they are in no particular order:
- Find out which plastics are accepted for recycling in your community and where they can be taken.
- Know what to recycle with your bottles.
- Know what to recycle with your bags.
- Clean and empty your bottles.
- Bring bottles back to the bin.
- Store bags in a bag.
- Reuse those bags!
- Pitch in beyond the kitchen.
- When in doubt, leave it out.
- Bridge the second generation gap.
Some of the tips are a little bit puzzling so to know more just watch the video!