Before the July 4 holiday weekend starts, I’m cleaning up my blogdrafts and most of them being “clogged” by plastic/bioplastic news(lol!). For the bioplastic/recycled plastic enthusiasts, here are tonsof recent information to last you through the weekend. Also check outrecent posts on new green chemicals featuring new resin/resin additives launch as well as news about Teijin divesting its share of NatureWorks. Enjoy!
- Brazilian margarine tubs use bioplastic from Cereplast
- KLMRoyal Dutch Airlines switched from petroleum-based polystyrene coffeeand tea cups to paper ones made with bioresin Ingeo™ coating.
- Cereplast’s compostable resins in Dixie cups
- Evlon compostable plastics in tableware products
- 37% renewably-sourced Sorona fibers in commercial carpets
- Mirel bioplastics soon in Newell Rubbermaid products
- Solo® compostable plates made with sugarcane
- Hilex Poly to double recycling capacity at its North Vernon, Indiana facility
- New York City scraps plastic bag tax
- UK group WRAPlaunched £2m capital grant competition to help the recycling supplychain build the capacity for recycling more plastics packaging
- Delaware legislature passes recycling program for plastic bags
- Plastic bag manufacturers launched Full Circle Recycling Initiativeaiming an aggressive goal of 40% recycled content in all plastic bagsby 2015, including at least 25% postconsumer recycled plastic.
- Nestle bioplastic research collaboration
- Battelle scientists look to improve corn-based bioplastics
- Routes to produce green propylene from Chemsystems
- A self-healing thermoplastic from the University of Groningen, the Netherlands