Last month might be a holiday season but there are definitely lots of green chemicals that were still launched. This was supposed to be posted last week but unfortunately I had to do articles about vegetable oil-based chemicals, biopesticide, and news articles about the bioplastic company Cereplast last week. My goal is to do better in posting this week so I’m keeping my fingers crossed!
1. Arkema’s additive for biopolymers - Arkema has added a new metal release additive to its Biostrength® line of additives for biopolymers. The additive enables more consistent processing of polylactic acid plastic.
2. Albemarle eco-friendly retardants - Albemarle will commercialize in late 2010 its new organic flame retardant Earthwise GreenArmor, said to be suitable for use in a variety of plastic resins that will provide better performance across a wide range of applications.
3. Nutek soy wipes - Nutek introduced its newest line of biodegradable wipe products Simply Soy that both lubricate and clean. The line features extra large, biodegradable wipes or towelettes with soy-based lubricants and environmentally-friendly cleaners.
4. Genencor sustainable enzyme - Genencor its introduced PrimaGreen® EcoLight 1, the latest in the company’s sustainable denim bleaching enzyme. The product enables denim to be stonewashed and bleached using a single bath, requiring less water and energy than the established process.
5. BASF eco-friendly leather solutions - BASF presented its Basyntan® product range of formaldehyd-free syntans, the new ecology friendly soft polymers in the Relugan® series and new solvent-optimized finishing products that offer improved consumer safety and high performance for leather applications.
6. RPC recycled sheet - RPC Cobelplast-Montonate has developed a new range of A-PET sheet for printing and box applications, manufactured using 50-70% post-consumer recycled (PCR) A-PET scrap.
7. Rhodia eco-paint stripper - Rhodia has introduced Rhodiasolv® STRIP, a new eco-friendly, safe and high performing core ingredient especially developed for dichloromethane-free paint stripping solutions.