My green article masterpiece is finally out (on print) this week as part of ICIS Chemical Business’ March 1 green feature. My article is about the investment environment for green chemistry companies and it has definitely been an eye opener for me on how these companies were able to get the money flowing for their R&D operations.
Within the next few weeks, I’m hoping I’ll be able to post additional tidbits of information coming from biobased succinic acid producer DNP Green Technology, levulinic ketal technology developer Segetis; bio-MEK (methyl ethyl ketone) developer Genomatica; bio-acrylic acid developer OPX Biotechnologies; bio-acetic acid developer Zeachem; green chemistry company Elevance Renewable Science; as well as from Verdezyne who recently announced their development on bio-adipic acid.
I’m also going to post my full Q&A session with DSM Venturing’s senior investment manager Eril Rutten. Check out my green investment story and let me know what you think!
Meanwhile, other masterpieces from the Green feature also include:
- An overview and update on the past Copenhagen Climate Change summit by author Lou Reade
- The issue of population growth and how chemical companies can use their technology on this issue (think about water, food, energy, materials) by author Philippa Jones;
- How chemical companies are surviving (or not) on the burdensome costs of the European chemical regulation Reach by Will Beacham
- How chemical companies are reaping the benefits of applying eco-friendly manufacturing processes by Feliza Mirasol
- Update on the winners of Sustainability Profile award from the recent Informex tradeshow by Clay Boswell
- And Elaine Burridge’s interview with Cognis CEO Antonio Trius about their green business strategies.