The monthly green chemicals product launch is back! (at least while I have extra time to put it all together) August seems to be the month for new product introductions focusing on the energy market. I also have a growing list of new bio-based products in the retail market that hopefully, I’ll be able to post soon.
Next week, watch out for a couple of announcement posts (crossing my fingers) coming from the Biobased Chemicals East conference in Boston. I’m definitely writing one about Rennovia
For ICIS Chemical Business subscribers, I hope you enjoy my latest update on bio-butanol in this week’s issue! Next week will be about fatty alcohols.
1. DuPont battery separator - DuPont has introduced Energain™, the first nanofiber-based polymeric battery separator that boosts the performance and safety of lithium ion batteries. The separators can increase power 15-30%, increase battery life by up to 20% and improve battery safety by providing stability at high temperatures.
2. Rhodia green emulsifier - Rhodia has introduced Rhodiasolv® INFINITY, an eco-friendly micro-emulsion based on biodegradable ingredients, which gives formulators the flexibility to reduce or eliminate traditional VOC solvents in industrial and institutional cleaning products.
3. Solutia encapsulant - Solutia has introduced its Saflex® PS41 PVB, an advanced encapsulant designed to prevent corrosion in solar cells. The new encapsulant also inhibits discoloration, making it an ideal module encapsulant for use in building integrated photovoltaics (BIPV).
4. Dow encapsulant - Dow Chemical Company has launched ENLIGHT Polyolefin Encapsulant Films, which can enhance efficiencies in C-Si and thin-film photovoltaic (PV) module production and lead to lower conversion costs. The films also provide greater module stability and improved electrical performance versus traditional encapsulants.
5.Evonik lenses for PV - Evonik Industries now offers two products as solutions for applications of concentrating photovoltaics (CPV) technology in large-scale such as power plants: primary lenses of PLEXIGLAS® and secondary lenses of SAVOSIL. The products increase the concentration of the solar energy more efficiently.
6. Shell Catalyst - Shell Global Solutions launched CENTERA, a portfolio of third generation catalysts that can be used for Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel production (10 parts per million Sulphur). The catalysts will enable Asia Pacific refiners to improve operational performance and to meet product specifications to produce cleaner fuels.
7. Dow Corning PV solutions - Dow Corning has introduced its PV-8080 Neutral Sealant and Dow Corning® PV-7321 Potting Agent for solar applications. The sealant provides long-term bonding and protection against moisture, mechanical and thermal shock, and vibration in framing applications, while the potting agent provides protection against corrosion and moisture of junction box components.
addthis_pub = ‘greenchicgeek’;