By the way I wrote an article on ICIS Chemical Business last January (for subscribers only) on overview of green chem investment funding in 2010 and investment outlook for 2011. So far, there had been quite a lot of investment activities this year (see list below):
- Agilyx bags investment from Waste Management.
- Avantium raises EUR 30m to advance furanics building blocks development
- BioAmber Closes $45 Million Series B to Fund Succinic and Adipic Platforms
- Blue Marble Biomaterials raised $1.3m in an A-1 convertible note financing filed with the SEC (US Security Exchange Commission)
- Cereplast Announces $12,500,000 Private Placement
- Cobalt Technologies Closes $20M in Funding
- Genomatica raises $45M
- Enerkem raises $60 million
- Fulcrum BioEnergy closed a $75 million Series C financing
- Gevo bags another $17m from Lanxess
- Materia gets $17M funding
- Metabolix Oilseeds has been awarded $203,000 in research funding by the Saskatchewan Ministry of Agriculture through its Agriculture Development Fund (ADF).
- Myriant Technologies Announces US$60 Million Strategic Equity Investment From PTT Chemical
- Rivertop Renewables has been awarded $200,000 State Economic Development Grant
- Solix secures additional financing
- Verdezyne closes new financing round
AND INITIAL PUBLIC OFFERINGS from Solazyme, Gevo, Global Bioenergies -- in French press release ;-), and soon Myriant. Will Genomatica be the next one to file for IPO? (another ;-) here...). Stay tune!