How insidious sporting metaphors are as they sneak unremarked into our corporate-speak.
- how to stand up and sit down in quick succesision
- how to shout and swear in front of children
- how to be highly partisan but still make small talk with the enemy
- and how to wave a flag without poking someone’s eye out.
- any meat from any stand, even Deathburgers, smells DELICIOUS
- any song is invested with great emotion and poignancy if sung in the open-air by enough people (so long as they don’t fluff the words.)