Polyethylene glycol causes man’s allergy to wife

A UK bus driver became allergic to his wife due to his reaction to polyethylene glycol, according to this article in the Telegraph.

 

He discovered his allergy when he was given a steroid injection containing polyethylene glycol to treat a problem with his foot. His face swelled up, his heart stopped and he had to be resuscitated.

Now he finds he comes out in a rash whenever he goes near his wife, since polyethylene glycol is a frequent ingredient in skincare products.

It’s been a bad week for glycol stories in the press

, , , ,

Leave a Reply