Non-Phthalate Plasticizers Prices, markets & analysis
Our network of price reporters provides you with complete coverage of Asia’s emerging plasticizers market.
The information includes isononanol costs and availability, China’s trade activities and other northeast Asian market developments driving the volatile price movements in Asia.
Use ICIS information to:
- Follow fluctuations and understand factors driving them
- Input into your own internal analytical models
- Clarify statements and contracts
- Inform negotiations
Non-Phthalate Plasticizers news and market information products from ICIS
We offer the following regional Non-Phthalate Plasticizers coverage to keep you informed of factors and developments affecting prices in the Asia Non-Phthalate Plasticizers marketplace.
Price Reporting – More information about the price reports we publish on Non-Phthalate Plasticizers
Independent price assessments and market coverage
Price History – More information about the historical price data we publish on Gas
Track historical price data
News & analysis
News & Analysis - News & market analysis specifically relating to Non-Phthalate Plasticizers
Breaking news of latest developments affecting the markets.
Insight and analysis of factors driving prices.
Asia’s plasticizers prices were stable-to-soft in the first quarter (Q1) as demand failed to pick up in the region.
Dioctyl phthalate (DOP) prices on a CFR East Asia basis largely moved in tandem with domestic China prices. Diisononyl phthalate (DINP) and dioctyl terephthalate (DOTP) prices on a CFR China basis was at a standstill as trade was hindered by a wide buy-sell gap, while DINP and DOTP Chinese domestic prices was on a downtrend after the Lunar New Year holiday.
A gloomy macroeconomic environment has kept demand from the downstream sector weak and sentiment persistently bearish.
Import trade activity was thin as most Chinese buyers largely purchased from the Chinese domestic market on a hand-to-mouth basis amid sufficient and competitively-priced domestic material.
There were few offers to China heard as the persistently low price indications from buyers for import material were rejected by most regional producers.
Updated to Q1 2014
The weekly ICIS Asia Phthalate/Non-Phthalate Plasticizers report offers timely and in-depth market data, including price assessments, trade activity, feedstock supply and analysis of Asia’s current and upcoming export availability.
What the report covers
- - China di-isononyl phthalate (DINP)/dioctyl terephthalate (DOTP) domestic and import prices (Ex-Tank East China, CFR China)
- - Northeast Asia DINP export prices (FOB NE Asia)
- - East Asia DOP import prices (CFR East Asia)
- - The southeast Asia import situation
- - Analysis of domestic and international supply and demand
- - The latest news on plasticizer market developments and changes to plasticizer regulations and demand trends
- - The latest news on global bans on DOP and changes to plasticizer regulations
- - Feedstock isononanol (INA) prices and its supply situation
- - Summary and price information on feedstocks phthalic anhydride (PA), 2-ethylhexanol (2-EH) and purified terephthalic acid (PTA)
ICIS collects pricing data on a wide range of chemical, energy and fertilizer products, including Non-Phthalate Plasticizers. Our extensive experience in price reporting means we can offer you access to historical data dating back more than 20 years for certain commodities.
Our time series of pricing data enables you to build and model trends, to get a view of where markets might be heading. The data service includes charting functionality, allowing you to chart and download multiple data series for manipulation in your own internal models. You can also export data to Excel via the ICIS dashboard service.
The global plasticiser market size is around 6 million tons in 2011. Plasticisers are additives that increase the flexibility of a material. 96% of plasticisers are consumed in flexible PVC applications including cables, PVC films, roofing, flooring and wall covering.