Carbon-Emissions Prices, markets & analysis
The ICIS product portfolio provides in depth coverage of North American carbon markets. We use our Timing Impact Model (TIM) to produce behaviour - driven medium term price forecasts for the California (CA) and Quebec carbon markets.
We also provide time critical news as it happens as well as in depth analysis showing you what drives participant behaviour. Our team of carbon market experts includes former traders and trading house analysts, so they understand better than anyone the information you need to make sound decisions.
Use ICIS information to:
- Identify risks for your organization from regulatory, economic or behavioural changes
- Understand your financial exposure using our price forecast and assumptions
- Receive breaking news as it happens
- Save time on sourcing and manipulating fundamental data
Carbon emissions Transcript
The ICIS European Daily Carbon Markets report also known as EDCM report is a two page report that follows price movements in the emissions market, which is important information for energy companies.
Carbon is a big part of the cost of running a plant so they need to know the daily prices of these commodities called EU allowances, EU airline allowances certified emission reductions and emission reduction units.
ICIS publishes daily price assessments of all four and adds contracts as they become liquid.
The ICIS Daily Carbon Markets report is useful because it is short, concise and clear.
Everything flows out from price reporting and we only cover market-moving news. If it’s in EDCM then it’s worth knowing.
Carbon-Emissions news and market information products from ICIS
We offer the following regional Carbon-Emissions coverage to keep you informed of factors and developments affecting prices in the North America Carbon-Emissions marketplace.
Price Reporting – More information about the price reports we publish on Carbon-Emissions
Independent price assessments and market coverage
News & analysis
News & Analysis - News & market analysis specifically relating to Carbon-Emissions
Breaking news of latest developments affecting the markets.
Insight and analysis of factors driving prices.
After a successful first year, the California Cap-and-Trade program continues into its second year with many new developments and changes. After prices traded most of 2013 north of $14, they have fallen most recently as the expectation that the system will be oversupplied has been digested by the market. Although there was a short rally on compliance hedging at the beginning of the year, the market has fallen below $12 as the most recent auction cleared only 14 cents above the 2014 floor price of $11.34.
Still as we look ahead at what’s in store for the program, several important policy changes may heavily effect the market. From the potential for a carbon tax on fuels that was recently scrapped to the passing of several changes to the regulation by the Air Resources Board, the market is looking for more clarity as we end the first compliance period.
The latter half of 2014 will be telling as compliance entities will have to surrender an annual compliance of 30% of 2013 emissions. We also expect to see companies that will join the program in 2015, at the beginning of the second compliance period, to become more active in the market.
- CA Carbon - Strategic – A blend of news, expert analysis on what’s driving participant behavior and a monthly mid-term market price forecast from ICIS’ behavior driven Timing Impact Model
- CA Carbon – Analytics Toolkit – The inputs and outputs from our Timing Impact Model for the CA cap and trade scheme, as well as behavior-driver analysis and price forecasts, and access to the ICIS team of carbon market experts
- CA Carbon – Fundamentals Toolkit – A comprehensive suite of fundamental data for the California Cap and Trade Program with relevant information in a clean format that’s ready to use as a starting point for analysis or models
- RGGI Analysis and News – A blend of market expertise with behaviour-driven analysis of the RGGI to help you make better informed trading decisions, reducing your risk of being wrong-footed by unexpected market moves.
- CA Carbon - News – Breaking news of the latest developments affecting the CA and Quebec cap and trade schemes