Our network of price reporters provides you with complete coverage of Asia’s emerging plasticizers market.
The information includes isononanol costs and availability, China’s trade activities and other northeast Asian market developments driving the volatile price movements in Asia.
Use ICIS information to:
- Follow fluctuations and understand factors driving them
- Input into your own internal analytical models
- Clarify statements and contracts
- Inform negotiations
Non-Phthalate Plasticizers news and market information products from ICIS
We offer the following regional Non-Phthalate Plasticizers coverage to keep you informed of factors and developments affecting prices in the Asia Non-Phthalate Plasticizers marketplace.
Price Reporting – More information about the price reports we publish on Non-Phthalate Plasticizers
Independent price assessments and market coverage
Price History – More information about the historical price data we publish on Gas
Track historical price data
News & analysis
News & Analysis - News & market analysis specifically relating to Non-Phthalate Plasticizers
Breaking news of latest developments affecting the markets.
Insight and analysis of factors driving prices.
Updated to Q1 2015
Most prices of plasticizers were mixed in the first quarter of 2013 despite the rebounds recorded in the upstream markets of 2-ethylhexanol (2-EH) and phthalic anhydride (PA). A rebound in the DOP market was seen because of the increase in buying activity for spot cargoes before the long holiday, but DINP and DOTP prices largely softened amid limited buying activities. Some producers with high inventories were also offering at lower spot prices to induce buying interest.
Sentiment in the key China market for DINP and DOTP was not positive amid sufficient supply. Demand was lacklustre and only improved for a few weeks before the long holiday in the second half of February, with some market players attributing it to the better demand for DOP cargoes. Talks of replacement for DINP as a plasticizer at some end user factories also weighed on the demand and spot prices, with key producers largely cutting their production of DINP or switching their lines to produce other types of plasticizers instead.
The weekly ICIS Asia Phthalate/Non-Phthalate Plasticizers report offers timely and in-depth market data, including price assessments, trade activity, feedstock supply and analysis of Asia’s current and upcoming export availability.
What the report covers
- - China di-isononyl phthalate (DINP)/dioctyl terephthalate (DOTP) domestic and import prices (Ex-Tank East China, CFR China)
- - Northeast Asia DINP export prices (FOB NE Asia)
- - East Asia DOP import prices (CFR East Asia)
- - The southeast Asia import situation
- - Analysis of domestic and international supply and demand
- - The latest news on plasticizer market developments and changes to plasticizer regulations and demand trends
- - The latest news on global bans on DOP and changes to plasticizer regulations
- - Feedstock isononanol (INA) prices and its supply situation
- - Summary and price information on feedstocks phthalic anhydride (PA), 2-ethylhexanol (2-EH) and purified terephthalic acid (PTA)
ICIS collects pricing data on a wide range of chemical, energy and fertilizer products, including Non-Phthalate Plasticizers. Our extensive experience in price reporting means we can offer you access to historical data dating back more than 20 years for certain commodities.
Our time series of pricing data enables you to build and model trends, to get a view of where markets might be heading. The data service includes charting functionality, allowing you to chart and download multiple data series for manipulation in your own internal models. You can also export data to Excel via the ICIS dashboard service.
The global plasticiser market size is around 6 million tons in 2011. Plasticisers are additives that increase the flexibility of a material. 96% of plasticisers are consumed in flexible PVC applications including cables, PVC films, roofing, flooring and wall covering.