Helping you trade more profitably in the carbon markets
The ICIS EU ETS Portal is an online service delivering analysis, carbon market insight and rich datasets. It helps carbon traders and analysts to make confident decisions and spot trends, as well as model the market and play out scenarios.
Our up-to-minute EU ETS analysis is perfect for traders and analysts who need fast access to the very best and very latest information.
Why the ICIS EU ETS Carbon Portal is different
At the heart of our analysis is the behaviour-driven ICIS Timing Impact Model (TIM), which utilises utility hedging rates, and banking behaviour of industrials. By combining these behaviour patterns with fundamental data the TIM forecasts the true market balance (or ‘trade balance’), which is ideal for understanding whether the market will be long or short. In other words we don’t just rely on fundamentals.
How are we qualified to do this? Our analysts have worked for power companies, trading houses and regulators; therefore they are uniquely positioned not only to analyse and model carbon markets around the world but also to spot the trends before other people.
What we offer you
- A dedicated team of EU analysts available by phone, email or chat to answer questions
- Clean, up-to-date behavioural data which is downloadable with just a single click
- Monthly Market Briefings explaining the market risks and changes in participant behaviour as well as commentary discussing the previous month's activity
- In-depth research reports on important issues affecting the carbon market
- Info-boxes that provide information on key policies or regulations such as the Post-2020 EU ETS revision
- A detailed breakdown of the market balance and market activity, by sector, both historically and forecasted to 2030
- A regular CDM briefing highlighting the latest statistics on Certified Emissions Reductions
ICIS Carbon Markets Almanac 2017
The ICIS Carbon Markets Almanac provides a top-level view of global efforts to combat climate change with cap-and-trade systems. For each of the different schemes worldwide it highlights key design characteristics and includes spotlight articles discussing specific system features.