With more than 20 years’ experience of reporting on the UK gas markets, ICIS provides unrivalled spot gas pricing information for the British National Balancing Point (NBP).
Our detailed coverage supplies readers with benchmark gas price assessments and indices, as well as analysis and news for the British NBP, all published in our daily European Spot Gas Markets report, providing the most comprehensive round-up of Europe’s gas markets. The daily report not only informs readers of market developments across the UK, but also provides a complete picture of 12 established and emerging European gas markets including the Dutch TTF, Belgian Zeebrugge and ZTP, as well as the German NCG.
ICIS was the first independent provider to offer spot market price assessments for the British NBP when the markets were liberalised in the 1990s. Since then we have expanded our market coverage, ensuring our readers have access to the most robust range of prices and news across the European gas trading arena.
The ICIS gas markets coverage for the British NBP hub provides you with:
- The Heren Day-ahead index, the benchmark index for Europe
- Three additional indices for NBP: monthly, monthly cumulative and daily monthly ahead
- Thirty five benchmark price assessments, including Day-ahead, Front-month, Front-quarter, Front-season and Front-year – an unrivalled range of NBP prices
- Assessments converted from p/th to €/MWh and $/MMBtu to allow easy comparisons to other key gas markets
- Volatility indices for all key assessed prices at NBP
- Unique intra-day price updates for the NBP, TTF and NCG, providing subscribers with the first over-the-counter (OTC) prices of the day at lunchtime
- Early closing price assessments for all key hubs, ensuring readers have the first view of closing market prices
- Daily news stories on the latest developments in the market and on factors driving the price of gas
- A detailed list of European OTC trades, listed by volume and range
- Market commentary and analysis on the latest developments
- Historical pricing information for the NBP hub, dating back to 1993
Request the latest report