Virtual Training – Fundamentals of the Polymers Business
2022 course dates launching soon
The Fundamentals of the Polymers Business Training Course offers an overview of the polymers value chain, including the recycling industry. With further insight into current industry challenges, market trends and future outlooks as the sector recovers and adapts post Covid-19, gain a deeper understanding of the dynamics in key polymer markets such as polyethylene (PE), polypropylene (PP), polyethylene terephthalate (PET), polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and styrenics.
This four-day course is equally suited for beginners and advanced delegates and will provide everything you need to know about the polymer business – from the fundamentals of plastic processing, to feedstock dynamics and price drivers
You will conclude the course with a solid understanding of the polymer industry and gain vital information to help you defend your market position and evaluate profitable opportunities emerging within the polymer market.
Key topics include
- Deepen your knowledge of the polymer value chain and explore the fundamental priorities of industry stakeholders, empowering you to analyse new trends and their impact on your commercial strategies
- Learn the difference between key sectors and explore the key application markets. Leave being able to differentiate between PE, PP, PET and more.
- Discover the latest industry trends and regulation shaping current and future market dynamics for the polymer industry.
- Gain insight into pricing, with analysis into the key cost and price drivers
- Understand major processing techniques and their applications, such as injection molding, extrusion, thermoforming and more
- Gather information of the impact of Covid-19 and the implications for your sustainability goals
Who should attend?
The course is suitable to all levels of professionals working in the polymer and petrochemicals industry who would like to get a solid understanding of the business and its progress including those in roles and functions such as:
- Purchasing/Procurement Managers
- Project Managers
- Sales/Business Development
- Research and Development
- Market Analysts
- Sustainability/Circular Economy
$1,500 (+UK VAT at 20% if applicable)*
2022 course dates to be published soon
*NB: Please enter your Tax ID or business number, otherwise UK VAT at 20% will be applied. Customers based in the UK will be charged UK VAT at 20% whether or not a VAT number is provided.
What to expect in the virtual training?
All sessions will be accessed virtually from your computer, tablet or mobile, giving you the flexibility of taking the course at your chosen location and device.
- Live and interactive sessions
Understanding the relevance of getting access to information in real time, the course will be delivered live and include interactive sessions providing you with a platform to engage with trainers and other delegates.
Dr. Paul Cherry
Dr. Paul Cherry has more than 25 years of experience in the petrochemical industry, predominantly working for Lyondell Basell and its predecessor companies, Basell, Montell and Shell Chemicals. His early career was spent in laboratory, technical service & product development, manufacturing, sales and procurement roles in Australia. From 2002 to 2010 he was based in Hong Kong and was responsible for supply chain and procurement activities in Asia, Africa, the Middle East and the Indian Subcontinent. Dr. Paul currently works at Officium Projects, a company offering technical, procurement, market and strategic consulting to the petrochemical and polymer industries as well as the ICIS training business.
Paul has a Bachelor of Applied Science degree and a Doctorate of Philosophy majoring in polymer science both from the University of Melbourne.
ICIS works alongside our clients to create bespoke training courses that mould our expertise and your specific needs. We’ll pinpoint the current expertise of your employees, areas for improvement, and your business goals, and develop a training course that will bring tangible benefits to your business.
Our custom training courses are delivered as interactive workshops, focusing on the products, concepts and issues that are most relevant and beneficial to you.
- Save money on transportation and accommodation, with training at a convenient location
- Flexibility – you determine the length and duration of the sessions
- Interactive workshops with hands-on exercises, to reinforce key skills, techniques and concepts
- Take-away the course materials, presentations and background information for future reference
To enquire about in-house training for this course please click here and a member of our team will get back to you.
What our customers say
Shanghai Jahwa United Co Ltd
“As a reliable, independent source of pricing data, ICIS has helped find common ground with suppliers who wanted to raise prices. ICIS forecast prices mean we can anticipate PE and PET price trends for the next 18 months and use this information to plan our purchases. We’re also reassured by their IOSCO certification.”
Hong Kong Petrochemical
“Our clients recognise ICIS prices as an independent benchmark. Using ICIS price assessments in our purchasing contracts saves us time and helps us secure an appropriate supply of feedstock for our plants at the reasonable price.”
“ICIS price forecasts have helped us allocate resources smartly and efficiently, to anticipate price changes, and to buy PP at favourable prices.
The reports have saved our internal team a lot of time and effort when analysing pricing trends.”
Get in Touch
If you want to find out how our decision-making tools can help you navigate market shifts, contact us today. Simply fill in your details, submit the form and a member of our team will get in touch with you.