Gazprom gives nod to $5bn Sibur buyout

Source: ICIS News

2008/04/29

(Updates with confirmation from Gazprombank and adds details in final paragraph)

MOSCOW (ICIS news)--Gazprombank is planning to sell Sibur to the Russian petrochemical producer’s management for $5.4bn, the banking subsidiary of gas giant Gazprom said on Tuesday.

Gazprombank has signed a preliminary management buyout agreement with the management team, it said in a statement.

The deal’s total valuation would be roubles Rb53.5bn ($2.27bn) cash plus 2% of Sibur's 2007 net profits in addition to the assumption of Sibur’s debt by the new owners.

Gazprombank controls a 75% interest in Sibur, while Gazprom's pension fund Gazfond owns the remaining 25%.

The management team includes Sibur CEO Dmitry Konov and his deputies Vladimir Razumov, Alexey Filippovsky, Vitaly Baranov and Mikhail Karisalov.

($1 = Rb23.6)