BARCELONA (ICIS)--With economies collapsing around the world and chemical supply chains under intense pressure, the circular economy and the sustainability agenda also faces disruption.
- Recycled polymer markets squeezed as virgin
- Bankruptcies and closures possible in May/June
- Commitments and targets on sustainability likely to remain in place
- But the crisis may make it more difficult to meet targets
- Move from global to local supply chains will support recycling
Listen to this podcast interview with Matt Tudball, ICIS Senior Editor for recycled polyethylene terephthalate (R-PET); Mark Victory, ICIS Senior Editor for recycled polyethylene (R-PE) and recycled polypropylene (R-PP); John Richardson, ICIS Senior Consultant, Asia; and Paul Hodges, chairman at consultancy International eChem.
Podcast interview by Will Beacham