PODCAST: Can chemicals sustainability agenda survive the pandemic?
BARCELONA (ICIS)–With economies collapsing around the world and chemical supply chains under intense pressure, the circular economy and the sustainability agenda also faces disruption.
– Recycled polymer markets squeezed as virgin
– Bankruptcies and closures possible in May/June
– Commitments and targets on sustainability likely to remain in place
– But the crisis may make it more difficult to meet targets
– Move from global to local supply chains will support recycling
Listen to this podcast interview with Matt Tudball, ICIS Senior Editor for recycled polyethylene terephthalate (R-PET); Mark Victory, ICIS Senior Editor for recycled polyethylene (R-PE) and recycled polypropylene (R-PP); John Richardson, ICIS Senior Consultant, Asia; and Paul Hodges, chairman at consultancy International eChem.
Podcast interview by Will Beacham
Speak with ICIS
Now, more than ever, dynamic insights are key to navigating complex, volatile commodity markets. Access to expert insights on the latest industry developments and tracking market changes are vital in making sustainable business decisions.
Want to learn about how we can work together to bring you actionable insight and support your business decisions?