BARCELONA (ICIS)--The chemical sector faces the possibility of an L-shaped recovery as depression-like conditions persist for several years, with a rapid shift from oil to renewable energy also impacting industry dynamics.
- Quick shift to electric vehicles
- Can expect move back towards long-term oil price of $24/bbl
- Energy mix will move quickly to renewables
- L-shaped recovery a possibility
- Rapid shift from oil to renewable energy has implications for chemicals
- China’s shift to paraxylene (PX) self-sufficiency affects projects elsewhere
- Chemical companies hit by rise of cyber-crime during pandemic
Listen to this podcast interview with Paul Hodges, chairman at consultancy International eChem; John Richardson, ICIS Senior Consultant, Asia; ICIS Insight Editor Nigel Davis; and Tom Brown, Deputy News Editor, Europe for ICIS news.
Podcast interview by Will Beacham
Read more analysis of chemical market trends in this week's ICIS Chemical Business.
ICIS is organising regular updates to help the industry in this time of crisis. Register here
Read Paul Hodges ICIS Chemicals and the Economy blog
Click here to read the latest free pH Report Outlook newsletter