BARCELONA (ICIS)--BP’s new energy review suggests the world is heading for ‘peak oil’ while the same trends may mean we have also reached ‘peak plastic’.
- 'Peak oil' may coincide with 'peak plastic' as circular economy undermines demand for virgin petrochemicals
- Lower oil production will impact availability of chemical feedstock
- Expect shift to renewables to impact chemicals demand from automotive
- Why China’s new five year plan meeting is as important as the US elections
- Lockdowns are not the best way out of the pandemic
Listen to this podcast interview with Paul Hodges chairman, International eChem and author of the pH Report; John Richardson ICIS senior consultant, Asia and ICIS Insight editor, Nigel Davis.
Editor’s note: This podcast is an opinion piece. The views expressed are those of the presenter and interviewees, and do not necessarily represent those of ICIS
Read this week's ICIS Chemical Business
ICIS is organising regular updates to help the industry through this time of crisis. Register here
Read Paul Hodges ICIS Chemicals and the Economy blog
Read John Richardson's Asia Chemical Connections blog
Click here to read the latest free pH Report Outlook newsletter
Interview by Will Beacham